The Queen’s Meme: The Lunch Mee
With my crazy work schedule, breakfast is at 3 in the afternoon, lunch at 11 at night and supper around 4 am. Things get a little wonky planning these meals. Keep that in mind as you read my answers.
1. What do you typically have for lunch? Some sort of protein and veggies. Chicken breasts, salmon patties, hamburger or turkey burgers or sometimes “taco stuff” which is ground beef and black beans with taco seasoning but without the taco shell or tortilla.
2. If you work outside your home, do you pack your lunch? Almost every single day. Between saving money on getting delivery since our building isn’t close enough to anything to go pick up fast food and the health benefits of not eating out all the time, it’s a given we’ll pack lunch except for rare occasions. On those rare occasions when we are short on time or have somewhere to go before work, Subway tends to be our go-to lunch.
3. Do you ever cheat on the scheduled “hour” for lunch at work or have you been known to stretch it just a little? If I don’t get back to my desk on time to clock in, I don’t get paid for my time. In addition, being late back too often it could impact wither or not I have a job at all. So, no, I don’t cheat on my half-hour lunch.
4. What is your favorite restaurant for the midday meal? Saffron Indian for the lunch buffet. They were my first experience with Indian cuisine. At first, my taste buds didn’t know what to make of all those spices, but I loved it from the beginning. These days, we go to the local Indian market for spice blends and lentils.
5. Are you more interested in the company or the food? It is the marriage of food and company which makes a lunch delightful. Human company is, of course, lovely, but I will accept the company of a good book as happily. A great short story or witty essay writing is better company than mediocre people, in my opinion.
6. Tell us about your last lunch date and what made it special. August 16th, the day before my birthday, Chris and I met his mom and dad for lunch – our breakfast – to celebrate.
7. What is on your lunch box? I use a large insulated bag suitable for two since Chris and I work together three days of the week. It’s blue plaid.