Sunday Stealing: The Authentic Meme
1. How long have you been blogging? I started in late 2006 on MySpace, moved to my first domain in 2007 and registered NerdBliss in December 2010.
2. Did you go to college? I look several classes through University of Phoenix Online many years ago, but otherwise, no.
3. Where have you traveled? Throughout much of the contentious United States, three of the Hawaiian Islands and several parts of Canada.
4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? I do not strongly resemble any celebrity.
5. What are your three biggest pet peeves? Lack of professionalism, people who project the assumption the world revolves around them and no one else matters, and being treated like I don’t know what I’m doing by someone who has asked for my help. You can’t tell I work with the public from those answers, can you?
6. What is your favorite movie? If I had to pick one (today): Office Space.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? Of the first set: liquor. Of the second: tea. The only one of the six I’ll always pass on is beer. I’ve yet to find one that’s not icky.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? Reading or sewing.
9. What is your biggest phobia? I don’t believe I have any fears which qualify for the strict definition of phobia, however, I do have anxieties and neurosis. The biggest ones all really come down to a fear of loosing what I hold dear or being trapped, physically or in circumstance.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past?
11. What day would you love to relive again? Why? Any given day during the summer between my seventh and eighth grade years. Those days spent with my best friend Kate in Hawaii were pure gold.
12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would your best friend think should play you? Someone pretty, but shorter than the actress playing her. Years ago, I would have said Drew Barrymore, but I don’t know if that’s still a relevant pick.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I worked for Payless Shoe from the beginning of my senior year of high school until the week I turned 25.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college. If you insist. I don’t have many, but my friend Amy sent me this one a few years back. I know it was taken the week I graduated high school because Kate had flown out to attend.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? With all the Doctor Who I’ve been watching lately, I’d love a grand tour of the British Isles.
16. Where do you see your life 6 and 1/2 years from now? Where will I be – assuming my math is correct – the 13th of January 2019? Let’s see. I’ll be 38 years old. Chris and I will feel like we’ve been married forever. We’d have either moved to a house in the Greenville area or moved to Atlanta, but either way, settled in for the long haul. We’ll either have one child and be deciding if a second is in the cards or already had two children. I’ll be busy with family and juggling employment of some sort with creative endeavors, some of which will hopefully be adding to the household income. I might be taking my sweet time earning some sort of college degree, one or two classes at a time, or I might have finally decided what I learn on my own is more than enough education.
17. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why? Now isn’t bad. I’m old enough to be generally respected but still young enough to be considered youthful.
18. What 5 songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? (You can pick “Middle School”, “High School”, “College”, “Post College” or any format you like.)
1. “Puttin’ on the Ritz” – A gift from my Uncle Danny on 45 and the first piece of music I ever owned.
2. “You’re My Best Friend” – Queen always deserves recognition, for Kate and because Queen and Kate are intertwined in my life.
3. “When I’m Sixty-Four” – My favorite Beatles song which isn’t nothing and a good representation of my ideal romance.
4. “Who Needs Sleep?” – To represent my late teens, insomnia and sleep apnea along with Barenaked Ladies’ Stunt which I’ve listened to a billion times.
5. Art of the Dress (Trance remix) – For MLP:FiM and learning to push past the frustrations in sewing.
19. Romney picked Paul Ryan to run as his veep. Any thoughts? Nope. I’ve stayed out of political discussions as much as possible for a very long time.
20. Your chance: Pick a meme you’ve done for us to steal. Bud and Judd will visit EVERY post today. Feel free to say, “Bugger off”, or anything like that. How about the Employment Enjoyment Meme?