I’ve been ripped off. The good folks over a Sunday Stealing have done me the kindness of stealing a meme from me. Since I’ve already completed the second meme for today, I’ll include a link to my answers with many thanks both to Sunday Stealing for honoring me with a theft and the wise Queen Mimi for originating the meme.
Sunday Stealing: Our Players’ Meme
1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? New York City. I want to see the iconic sights, eat all the amazing foods and soak in the atmosphere of the city.
2. Name three of your guilty pleasures. As-hot-as-I-can-stand showers, coffee, and high quality chocolate. I’ve been getting this to feel better about my habit since I’m getting all those antioxidants:
3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is: Samoas, but I never turn down a Thin Mint.
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies? Who sneaks? It’s part of the process and a valid reason to double the recipe.
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?! Some questions are best answered with two small words: I’m divorced. Sometimes bad things – hard and hurtful – have to happen to clear the path for good things.
7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. I have visited many beautiful places, but even nineteen years later – exactly, in fact, as we’d visited the week of my thirteenth birthday – nothing I’ve seen has matched the raw power of the place, nor the diversity of it’s beauty.
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? A thinker. I feel deeply, but I think on my feelings, examining them from various angles and determining the root causes. It is only in the last few years I have have learned the hard lesson that my feelings themselves are worthy and valid regardless of anything else or how other people think I should feel.
9. Name three things you are thankful for right now. A happy relationship (because it would be unfair to call Chris a thing), my Kindle, text messaging.
10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? Nope.
11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? Yes. Always. When you were raised a military brat, some things are considered important.
Second meme: (My answers)
12. What kind of work do you do?
13. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling?
14. Do you think it’s necessary in your life to have a day-to-day “career” that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in “just a job” with a steady paycheck?
15. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household?
16. Tell us your worst boss story.
17. Have your ever been the boss?
18. What is your dream occupation?