Saturday 9: Brand New Me
1) It’s a brand new year! Do you have any resolutions for 2013? Not really. Back to eating better, but the timing doesn’t make it a resolution. More like after the availability of rich foods from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I’m dying for some salad. If I can keep all the balls in the air with work, family and friends, crafting, keeping the apartment livable again in 2013 all while staying sane, I’ll consider the year a success.
2) Dusty Springfield sang of feeling “brand new.” What leaves you feeling refreshed and/or rejuvenated? On a day to day basis, a good cup of tea does the trick, sometimes paired with a little something sweet and/or chocolatey.
3) Dusty’s given name was Mary Catherine. If you could give yourself a brand new first name, what would it be? I’ve considered legally changing my name from Christina to Tina to avoid much of the confusion it causes day to day going by a shortened version of the name on my id. I don’t mind being called Christina, really, but Tina is what most people call me as it was with the Christina my mother named me after. Otherwise, I’m happy with my first name and wouldn’t change it.
4) Actor Billy Bob Thornton has dismissed antiques, saying, “I’m creeped out by old stuff.” Do you ever shop at estate sales, yard sales or second-hand stores? Or do you want everything brand new? I like used, antique and vintage very much. Thrift stores are a wonderful adventure and I don’t go often enough.
5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations slowly disappear until next year? Or do you think they should come down on January 2? I was glad to take down the tree only because it took up a fair amount of living room space. I’m tempted to leave ornaments and other holiday themed items out year round, but in the end decided it is more festive to keep the holiday decor special by packing it away for eleven months. When it makes it’s return it will be more exciting.
6) Do you like the picture on your photo ID? I don’t hate it. Can’t really ask for more, now can we?
7) Crazy Sam shudders at the very thought of a snake. Which is your least favorite member of the Animal Kingdom? I wouldn’t say I’m phobic but the thought of any kind of poisonous insect is scary.
8) What’s the most recent magazine you flipped through? The Costco Connection. I’ve given up print magazines, but that comes free with our membership and I don’t have the heart to throw it away before looking it over.
9) Do you have nice handwriting? It gets worse and worse thanks to how little I use it. I’ve written is curse since I learned there was something better than print around third grade and I always liked my rounded, bubbly scroll. These days I don’t even jot notes on paper, but type them in Evernote. When I must write by hand, I find it tedious and slow. I still love pens and paper, but consider them arts and craft tools rather than vehicles for words.